- r ess
- see on see
- os veix3
- d-sho qub
- st epreo
- Xektses sql (Japan bonus track)
1. "R S" . Possibly a reference to Rob and Sean, members of Autechre
2. Pun on "iris"
3. R is a programming language (statistical) and ESS is Emacs Speaks Statistics, an editor for R (and many other things).
1. Could be related to "islanders"
2. Could be a pun on "Anders Ilar", a Swedish electronic musician and producer
1. A pun on "No One"
1. Could be pronounced as "path to faith"
2. Could be pronounced as "point to fate"
1. There's a free console-based audio player called "qplay"
2. There's a company dedicated to High Definiton multimedia engineering called Q Play Inc.
see on see
1. The title brings to mind Kraftwerk's "Metal on Metal", though the track itself bares no resemblance.
2. Oversteps is Autechre's tenth album, and it begins with an O. This album was also seen as somewhat of a "return to form" to their first to albums, thus making album 10 also album 0. Thus, O=0.
1. A pun on "stereo"
1. Krylon is a brand of spray paints, as Sean was a regular tagger before forming Autechre.
2. Could be pronounced as "cry alone"
1. In the Kraftwerk track "Trans Europe Express" the word "Europe" is pronounced more like "Yuop". A few times Autechre mentioned being influenced by Kraftwerk, so this may be an inside joke/tribute.
2. On a QWERTY keyboard the letters Y U O P are on the same row